Pages

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bread and Butter, Northern Quarter, Manchester. Service with a smile and a chat about the pros and cons of legalising drugs

Bread and Butter is a hidden gem located on Tib street in the trendy, indie, cool Northern quarter of Manchester city centre. It is a lovely little cafe with a large selection of panini, piadinas (which i discovered today is a sort of wrap, a bit like a cross between a naan bread and a tortilla, which like panini is toasted), cakes and teas. My eye was drawn to the meatball and mozzarella, which the friendly Mancunian waitress advised I had on the aforementioned piadina. The friendly duo behind the counter made the short wait for the sandwich a pleasant one with tails of relbellious youth and future dreams. I would have loved to have sat in and continued with the conversation if it hadn't been for the £1 extra charge for doing so (not much to the average layman, but I am a stingy student), but alas, I found a comfy wall nearby where I greatly enjoyed my lunch. A truly delicious sandwich (or piadina to be precise). The meatballs were served with a superb homemade rich tomato sauce, and the mozzarella was delightfully gooey when melted. Can't wait for the next visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment